Monday, June 18, 2018

What a former client said we did that worked!

A former client shared with me a conversation that he had with a dear friend. Here's the highlights in bullet statements:
"He seems to see thing we can't."
"Casey showed me how to work on myself so I no longer need him."
"He taught me how to read my own emotions like reading a map. Then how to manage any mood."
"Now I FEEL IT TO GET THROUGH IT instead of running away like an emotional chicken."
"The need to perform and get other's approval no longer controls me. I can enjoy this moment."
"I learned all my anxiety was me trying to live in the future, all my depression was me living in the past."
"He lead me through a process of freedom from being bound to old identities from my teenage years. Now I am me and I like me."
"I have energy now that the false guilt is gone. All that beating myself up was tiring."
"Other therapist, counselors and coaches couldn't see my blocks, they didn't help."
"We went deep. I can't believe how I was scared to do that. We worked together obliterate my obstacles, not just move around them."
"He showed me how to accept. Accepting my imperfections then allowed me accept that it takes time to grow. But the biggest key was how to deal with the self-sabotaging parts of me. The secret surprised me. I was at war with myself. The surprising solution was an experiential process to love and accept and reintegrate those very parts of me. I feel safe with myself."
"Now when things are going 'too good' I respond with gratitude instead of sabotaging it."
"It was not easy but worth it!"

He referred his friend to see me because he wanted him to know what he didn't know about himself.
He also wanted me to share this saying It would be unfair not to offer others the opportunity to experience this level of change.
I love it when former clients reach out to me with a thankful heart. This has happened 100s of times in my 20 year career. The above is a personification of those many times. Perhaps you will be next?
-Casey Cole Corbin, From Good to Great Life Enrichment Coaching. (229) 292-4366

No comments:

Post a Comment