Sunday, July 16, 2017

"How do you live with yourself?"




"How do you live with yourself?"  Has anyone ever asked you this? Maybe you've heard it asked to others before then. While usually an insult, I think it's a fair question we should ponder on. 

So just how do you live with yourself? Is living within yourself peaceful? Regretful? Guilt or shameful? As you live your day-to-day life what's it like living it with you? 

I heard of a conversation a missionary had as he was leaving to come home. An older woman said to him, "I like myself best when I'm around you." I cannot imagine a better compliment! We are complimented on our clothes, our stuff, or doing a good job --but she gave a compliment on who he was! His identity! Amazing! I want to hear someone say this to me one day. '

Can we apply this to ourselves? Do you like yourself best when you are around you? We better -cause we are around ourselves a lot! If we don't like ourselves when we are around ourselves then that's a pretty miserable life. If that's true of you, let's agree that no matter what SOMETHING HAS TO CHANGE!


 What will it take to live better with yourself? For you to like yourself best when you are around you?
Seriously -make a list. How can this list be accomplished? Will you need help? Are you stuck? Therapy and Coaching is not just for 'crazy people'. It help us go from good to great! Contact me for help!

No comments:

Post a Comment